Unemployed Facilitation Workshop – Entering the Wind Industry as a Turbine Technician
Date: 13th September 2012
Location: Osprey Hotel, Naas, Co. Kildare
Trainers: Christoph Klimek - ENERCON, Robert O’Brien – Siemens and John Nielsen - Vestas
Cost: FREE TO ATTEND
This workshop is designed to give the attendee's an insight into working in the Wind Industry. The speakers have been taken from the industry in order to outline their roles in the wind industry, providing employee profiles and in more specific terms technical employees entering the industry.
• Overview of the history of Wind in Ireland
• Technical talk from a major Turbine Manufacturer offering a background on the industry and highlighting opportunities
• Technical overview of the recourse in support of the Industry and a brief description of the (role(s))
• A HR representative from turbine manufacturers discussing the skillset and qualities sought on a CV
• A Turbine Manufacturer view of the trades, which are closely aligned to that of the technician roles in support of the industry
• Panel discussion on continuous education paths
• Panel discussion on qualities and characteristics required for the role
• Panel discussion challenges and specific facets of the role
• Presentation on Wind Skillnet; structure, why it started and what it can offer
For more details on this course and over courses offered under the Wind Skillnets Programme please visit our Wind Skillnets section. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.