Managing Effective Meetings - CANCELLED
Managing Effective Meetings
Date: 22nd November 2012
Location: IWEA Office, Naas
Trainer: Barry McDonnell - MaST Ireland
Company Member: €226
Non Member: €323
Meetings are key to the successful management of business activities. All too often time and effort is wasted by calling and attending meetings which are ineffective, have no clear purpose and where attendees fail to participate in making decisions.
To introduce participants to the critical factors that contribute to running meetings in a productive, positive and time effective manner.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Establish best practice for managing effective meetings
• Understand the key aspects of effective preparation
• Identify different types of meetings and apply different approaches to each
• Develop skills to encourage participation and engagement at meetings
• Identify the key issues that make or break meetings
• Understand the role and key skills required of a chairperson
The programme aims to maximise participation through discussion and, individual and group exercises. The style is informal with minimal lecturing and theory. A number of participants will have the opportunity to chair meetings on the course. At each stage there is an emphasis on individual action: what are you going to do differently?
For more details on this course and other courses offered under the Wind Skillnet Programme please visit our Wind Skillnet section. Alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information