Electrical Safety on Windfarms
Date: 26 February 2013
Registration: 08:30AM Start: 09:00AM Finish: 1:00PM
Location: IWEA, Naas
Cost: Company Member: €150.00
Non Member: €215.00
Unemployed: Free of Charge
Trainer: Egan Safety Solutions
* NOTE - Courses fill quickly, please register and submit payment promptly to ensure placement.
To give participants an appreciation of the hazards involved when working with or in the vicinity of electricity in a wind farm environment.
This course is aimed at both electrical and non-electrical personnel. The course covers basic electrical principles and focuses on electrical hazards in this type of work setting. Relevant legislation and industry best practice are also covered.
An awareness and understanding of the following:
• Electrical Safety Legislation
• Electrical standards, best practice and IWEA Health and Safety Guidelines
• Electrical Hazards
• Electrical System Protection
• Dead Work & Lock Out/Tag Out
• Live Work - Definitions, Requirements & PPE
Who Should Attend:
All those with responsibility for managing electrical safety during the life cycle of a wind farm such as wind farm owners, wind farm operators, wind turbine suppliers, project supervisor construction stage (PSCS) and electrical contractors.
For more details on this course and other courses offered under the Wind Skillnet Programme please visit our Wind Skillnet section at www.iwea.com, alternatively, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.